About SBC Insurance:
This is your opportunity to join a great team at the ONLY Not-For-Profit Insurance Brokerage in Canada. As a fully owned subsidiary of Sport BC, by buying your insurance through SBC Insurance, you are spending your insurance dollars in BC, and the profits stay in BC, and help support amateur sports in our province!
Commercial Lines Processor/Customer Service Rep.
To be successful in this role you must bring an exceptional customer focused attitude, possessing strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships. You must have the ability to act decisively and work with a fast paced team.
- Team Player with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Issuance of Certificates of insurance, policy documents, binder and invoices to clients.
- Preparing new files.
- Entry of Client Data along with maintenance of hard copy files.
- Sending renewal letters to client on behalf of the Account Executive/Manager.
- Check for accuracy of policies received from insurers, with assistant from the Account Executive/Manager.
- Assist Account Executive/Manager in gathering and reporting Claims to insurers.
- Typing template proposals.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have Level 1 General Insurance License or higher
- Have or be working towards CAIB or CIP designation
- Comfortable working with a Broker Management System.
- Must be comfortable in a PC based environment, including Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word.
The Account Executive’s primary role is developing new business opportunities and initiatives. The Account Executive handles various types of commercial insurance and programs business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced producer looking to move their existing book to a new broker with an amazing message.
The Account Executive will have a minimum 2 years commercial insurance experience and carries a General Agent Level 2 Insurance License through the Insurance Council of British Columbia.
- Manage the internal control and handling of clientele.
- Participate in the proposal process including preparing written proposals, field questions from clients and carriers, maintain professional correspondence and attend meetings with clients as necessary
- Prepare, manage and place insurance quotations and coverages required
- Manage data to appropriately track and report to insurance carriers
- Ensure requests for Certificates of Insurance and other items are processed on a timely basis
- Develop client opportunities and referral opportunities
- Review potential clients’ current coverage and identifying opportunities to improve
- Cross selling various products as well as developing opportunities for other business lines
- Process payments
- Work accounts receivable lists
- Maintain expiration and abeyance files
- Handling of files and general file maintenance
- Ensure all documents are accurate and files are kept in an orderly manner
- Process Client Code changes when applicable
- Developing proposals and quotes
- Documenting and reporting your activities in Power Broker
- Lead by example, being a positive role model
- Contribute to a positive team environment by working efficiently, professionally and in a friendly manner
- Improve our organization by sharing ideas and opinions, contributing and building communication in all directions and levels
- Assist others as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
If interested in exploring this opportunity, please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com.